30 September 2017

17 in 2017 September progress

Here is my September progress for Meridith's 17 in 2017 challenge
https://pomegranateandchintz.wordpress.com/2017/09/30/17ufosin2017-september/

It's been a Sarah Fielke month this month 😃

I am still happily hand quilting the 2016 BOM 'Happy Days', I am really enjoying not so big stitch quilting and I love how this Liberty quilt is turning out!



I have also been deciding on the next border fabrics for this year's BOM 'Down the Rabbit Hole' The fabrics I have chosen for this quilt are really not in my comfort zone, so choosing them is taking a lot of time but I love working with these happy colours - I see more quilts with modern fabrics in my future!





13 comments:

  1. Good to know you are enjoying the adventure out of your comfort zone!

    ReplyDelete
  2. it is hard to work out of the comfort zone. I have tried it a couple times and it was a struggle. I think why I'm I doing this when I really want to use something else!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Two beautiful projects closer to done. Love this!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's hard deciding on something not naturally in your comfort zone. I am that way with homespuns. I love the look but can't figure out how to put them together.

    ReplyDelete
  5. A stitching Sara Fielke month has to be a wonderful thing. Love these two quilts of yours, Elaine.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice to see you continue to make progress. The colors of your Down the Rabbit Hole quilt are bright and more on the modern side. It's good to try new color paths.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Both projects are wonderful!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love them both, but Happy Days may be my favorite.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great progress! Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely to see your projects coming along so beautifully!

    ReplyDelete
  11. The colors are beautifull. Just found your blog today but enjoy it very much. Greetings

    ReplyDelete
  12. Absolutely beautiful appliqué and fabric choices.

    ReplyDelete