16 February 2017

We All Need a Home

Jenny over at Elefantz is offering a free BOM this year based on the theme of 'home' the blocks are design to be stand alone rather than make a full quilt.
you can find all the details here http://www.elefantz.com/p/2017-bom.html

I really loved the Goose block for February, it reminded me of the Mother Goose nursery rhyme and I immediately pictured it in bright 1930's colours


I had a fun couple of afternoons with some simple appliqué and embroidery


I decided to turn my block into a drawstring bag for my knitting


Thanks Jenny! I am really happy with the way it turned out :)



5 comments:

  1. It's charming - and it is so bright, it will be hard to lose!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is an adorable block and I love that you used it on a knitting bag. So smart.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is so adorable! Love that you turned it into a knitting bag.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a wonderful way to use that adorable block. The 30's fabrics were the perfect fit.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jenny's designs are so adorable, as is your adaptation! It's wonderful.

    ReplyDelete