21 September 2015

St Michael and The Dragon

Embroidery class started last week after the summer break. This term I want to focus on improving my silk shading and combining it with some Goldwork. I found this image of St Michael on the internet and fell in love with the glorious colours, my eldest son is called Michael so it seemed appropriate.

I started with a lovely selection of silk threads, I really love to embroider with silk especially the AVAS Soie d'alger threads, the background fabric is silk dupion.
I need to stitch the wings first as they are in the background
I have used two different pieces of silk dupion for the Angel's robes and the Dragon, they are attached with fusible and will have Goldwork detailing
Today in class I carried on with the silk shaded wing

This is where I left off, it's about 6 hours work so far

4 comments:

  1. That is a beautiful image, your stitching so far really does look super, really lovely. I really like blues, golds and browns. 6hrs is a lot of work! Looking forward to seeing your progress, Lou

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is lovely ! And very much work entailed : )

    ReplyDelete
  3. It will look fabulous when finished!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's looking so pretty so far! I love the colors.

    ReplyDelete