22 May 2015

The May Garden

Late Spring in our cottage garden is all pinks and purples. The showy tulips have given way to some beautiful clematis.




And my favourite the Granny's Bonnets (Aquilegia) I was delighted to find several plants in our overgrown garden when we moved in plus lots of seedlings. I moved all the seedlings around and created lovely beds of Bonnets for the Spring; however they were having none of it! They refuse to grow where I sow seeds and happily self seed themselves in the strangest places. I have decided to stop trying to fight nature - she always knows best! I leave them to come up where they will and if they are in the 'wrong' place I cut the flowers for the house so I can enjoy their delicate beauty close up.










7 comments:

  1. And "delicate beauty" is exactly the right phrase. Lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Clematis and Aquilegias - perfectly lovely Spring flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful pictures :-)
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful flowers! And how fun to learn that the thatched cottage is yours -- it's gorgeous!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love, love, love your clematis! Mine were very sad this spring, because of our drought. We are hoping for a lot of rain and snow in the coming autumn, and winter. Thank you for sharing your beautiful flowers!

    ReplyDelete