I think the best place for me to start is to publicly declare all my WIPs (gulp) I am not saying I will finish all of these (I am a realist!) but I will chose one or two each quarter to focus on, I will decide what to do with each of these, the choices are really very simple:
A. Turn the part project into something smaller and finish it!
B. Abandon it altogether and return the materials to stash
C. Make it a focus project until it is complete!
Ok, Here is the list, I think that is everything but you never know what else I may find lurking as the year progresses!
1. The 'Welsh Quilt', my current hand quilting project really deserves to be finished in 2015, I love this quilt, I love hand quilting, why is this hibernating?!
2. Russian Sunflower Blocks, I love these fabrics and this pattern...
3. 'Remember When' I started making this quilt with a dear friend while living in Holland, it really deserves to be finished
4. Block one from Sue Garman's Friends of Baltimore, I really like this block, I might finish it as a cushion for my son, I don't really want to make the full quilt right now.
5. Block one from 'Butterfly Garden' not sure about this one either, I am thinking this would also make a nice pillow for the spare bed.
6. I will turn this cross stitch Angel in to a Needlepoint/Canvaswork piece, I just need to wait until I can face another large embroidery project!
8. I would like to make a Christmas quilt with these red/green appliqué blocks, I have more but I need to find them!
9.Turn these Grandmothers Choice BOM blocks into a lap quilt top?
10. Decide the future of these Morrell Quilt Blocks, I really like this quilt, it was started as a BOM when I lived in Holland, I was keeping up until we moved...
11. Life is Beautiful blocks, I like the sayings and the pattern, I don't really like my choice of fabrics, maybe I can save this by choosing a different setting fabric?
12. I need to decide what I will do with Phebe, I back basted this part to learn the technique, I really don't like this method! I think I will continue with the centre but use needle turn instead, again I am not sure if I want the whole quilt.
13. Will I work on my DJ quilt? I am tempted as Jane was 46 when she made hers and I turned 46 in November :)
14. I would like to finally finish SDW, I may stop here and frame this part only, still undecided...
15. Continue to work on the crewelwork firescreen, I had to pack this away when we had some visitors and I still haven't gotten it back out again
16. I need to rethink my colours for Love Entwined, I love the centre compass, but have no idea what to do for the rest of the quilt! I don't like the pale fabrics I have chosen around the centre either.
17. I will keep working on Green Tea and Sweet Beans, I love this quilt don't know why I stopped working on it!
18. I would like to find some emerald green silk and finish this Goldwork piece, I think only red and gold is a little too boring, but looking at it again I am not sure :)
19. I am not sure if I will work on the 1718 Mosaic quilt or not at the moment, the oakshott fabric is lovely but very thin, hibernating for now...
20. I am really looking forward to starting Mary Hurst on 1st January, it would be good to finish in 2015 too!
21. I would like to continue with the Civil War Bride Quilt, I have an idea to turn it into a celebration quilt for our 25th Wedding Anniversary
22. I need to finish Libby's Grand Illusion Quilt by her birthday in October
23. I am also looking forward to starting Embroidery class again at the end of this month
24. I will try to keep up with the Stonefields BOM (so far so good...)
25. I want to finish knitting this scarf in this luscious pashmina yarn, especially as it has now turned cold!
In my defence (!) a few of these were started when we lived in The Netherlands, they had to be packed up for the move and then I never got back to them! We have been back in the UK for 4 years now, it is time I sorted them out!
Part of my problem is that I am so easily distracted by the latest patterns and fabrics I see on blogland, I need to cut down my computer time and sew instead! I also want to try and only use fabric and threads from stash next year as much as possible.
I hope this post makes you feel better about your WIP's, I also reserve the right to start new projects and buy fabric if I feel the urge!
HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE!