19 July 2013

Collecting Supplies

I enjoyed the six week embroidery course so much that I have signed up for the next one in September. I have given a lot of thought to my next project and am determined to be a bit more organised this time round :) I bought some paper backed silk that can be run through the printer, I would like to try and scan my grandparents wedding photo and make some sort of crazy quilt wall hanging. While I am figuring out the actual design, I have begun to start collecting possible threads and embellishments - possibly more fun than the actual embroidery! I have bought this pretty box to house them all...

Want to see inside?
Lovely stranded cottons in delicate shell pink and ivory...
Some over-dyed cottons...
Some silks...
perle cotton and silk...
some lace, silk ribbon and spangly bits!
Metallics...
I have to confess that most of this came from my stash, years of cross stitch and hoarding pretty things have come in handy! I will need more silk ribbon for what I have in mind :) Now I just need to work out the actual design!

8 comments:

  1. How exciting! I love the color palette you are going to use. Beautiful box for storage too. Cant' wait to see what you do!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lots of wonderful goodies! Love the colors! How great that you have embroidery classes so near to you, sounds like great fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've never heard of paper-backed silk--sounds like pictures wouldreally look nice on that...looking forward to seeing this piece..Julierose

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a lovely collection of treasures.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've got all those threads and things in a drawer too from days of embroidery. Looking forward to see what you design.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice collection you have there. I'm sure your new project will turn beautifully.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! That looks really impressive. I can't wait to see what you are going to do with all that!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a beautiful stash. I am collecting a similar palette right now for a second project of the lace flowers that I made on my Breakfast at Tiffany's piece. Can't wait to see what you do with it all.

    ReplyDelete