14 May 2013

Finding it hard to concentrate...

It is the same every Spring as soon as the weather gets a little warmer I want to spend all my time in the garden; however there are cold wet days too (lots of them this year!) when I want to be inside stitching. I am finding it hard to settle on one project at the moment and have been constantly flitting about, which I hate. I need to work on finishing off a few things as I seem to have done nothing but start new things these last few weeks. Last week I worked a little on the SDW Sampler, it is slowly progressing :)

I have also prepped the next three blocks for my Russian Sunflowers quilt, I now have four blocks stitched, not bad when you consider that I only work on this once or twice a month at quilt group
While looking for the fabrics I came across these shapes which I had cut out - I have no idea why! or what I intended to do with them!! I think I will piece them together and make a small sewing pouch with them. It will be nice to finally have a finish even if it is small :D

10 comments:

  1. I love those Russian Sunflowers--great colors--tha will be spectacular! Julierose

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your SDW looks fantastic, Elaine! Love those Russian sunflowers, you have such an amazing talent for quilting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know the feeling -- I've been feeling like I've been too stretched between projects as well. I love your Russian Sunflowers -- they are gorgeous! Your SDW looks great, as does that mystery piece you found. Love what you've prepped for the RS quilt too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely progress on your sampler. I love your quilt block very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love love those fabrics Hugs Glenda

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those sunflowers are stunning - beautiful fabrics !

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really like that last block you are putting together. Great use of the shapes :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the Russian Sunflowers.....where can I find the pattern?

    ReplyDelete