07 February 2013

Another Hibernating Project

On the 16th of September 2010 a friend and I had a wonderful day out at the Aztec Rose quilt shop in Zwijndrecht, Holland. We both fell in love with a quilt hanging on the wall 'Remember When' by Libby Richardson.
I knew I had some Mary Rose fabrics by Quilt Gate left over from a summer coverlet I had made and decided to use those along with some others I bought from Shabby Fabrics in the US. I also bought a charm pack of 'Victoria' by Nikki Russell for Benartex for some of the applique and I found 2 yds of a lovely border fabric in my stash from 'Heaven Can Wait' by Ro Gregg for Northcott.
We had a planning meeting on the 3rd of November where we cut out all our fabrics and started tracing the embroidery designs. I carried on and prepared all the applique etc, storing everything together as a take along project.
And then I left Holland, and this along with all my stash went in to storage. I haven't looked at it until this week. I had already completed most of the embroidery for the first two blocks so with a couple of hours work, I was able to get these finished. I really love this quilt and am motivated to start working on it again.







4 comments:

  1. This is cool - no wonder you fell in love with it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this! I look forward to seeing more of it as you work on it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have the most amazing hoard of stash and wonderful taste in projects.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this quilt, it will look stunning when it is finished. Looking forward to watching your progress on the blocks.

    ReplyDelete