08 December 2012

Grandmother's Choice Week 15

I love sampler quilts! I get really bored making the same thing over and over again, these 8" blocks from Barbara Brackman's Grandmother's Choice BOW are fast and fun. This week's block is 'Centennial: New Zealand's Victory'.


I now have 13 of these blocks and I have started thinking about how I will finish this quilt.



I want to make a lap sized quilt and as I love strippy quilts, I think I will set these on point with a narrow purple border followed by a wider green border. I think 15 blocks set 3 x 5 will make a good sized lap quilt, only two more to go!

I have bought the most wonderful fabric for the back 'Dark Chocolate & Lilac' by Blue Hill fabrics.


3 comments:

  1. Beautiful quilt in the making! I just love purple and green together and adore your backing floral.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The backing fabric is as scrumptious as its name. I love your taste in fabric.

    ReplyDelete
  3. the blocks look wonderful.
    thanks for sharing the picture of the fabric its beautiful!
    Kathie

    ReplyDelete