06 December 2012

Christmas Quilts

I don't over decorate for Christmas, we have a tree and a few decorations but that's it. I do however have a couple of quilts that only make their entrance at this time of year, every year I think I must make another Christmas quilt only to realise that I have run out of time!

First up is a Christmas Tree skirt made from a wonderful Norwegian pattern, we lived in Stavanger for 2 years and studied the language so although I have forgotten most of it, I was able to figure out the instructions when I made this several years later, and anyway we all speak Quilt right?!




The next one is a real favourite, I made this table runner in a class a couple of years ago, it was a lot of work but we had so much fun! I made a second one as a gift for my sister. The pattern is 'Santa's Midnight Runner' by Mount Redoubt Designs.





And last but definitely not least, is 'Snowbound' by Bunny Hill Designs, this was offered as a free BOM a few years ago, I changed the layout and used a fluffy backing fabric without wadding, simply tying the quilt with perle cotton.







3 comments:

  1. You are such a gifted quilter. I particularly love the Christmas Tree skirt, the colours are so festive. Snowbound is an amazing quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love all these quilts. The stockings on the tree skirt are calling out to me and begging to be embroidered with the names of every one in the family and possibly future generations. Santa and his reindeers never looked so good. it was definitely worth all the work you put into it. The quilt looks so warm and snuggy. That fluffy backing is wonderful. Was it difficult to work with? Thanks for linking up with my Christmas Tree Skirt Gallery.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You may not decorate much but the quality of your decor is so rich. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete